1 INTRODUCTION FROM THE BOARD
- We are committed to improving our practices to combat slavery and human trafficking. We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and are fully committed to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our corporate activities.
2 OUR BUSINESS
- Scot Young Research Limited provide innovative cleaning solutions and products for the industrial and commercial cleaning sector Worldwide. We form a part of a Group of Companies with the Ultimate Parent Company and Head Office, Scot Young Research Inc., located in
As a Group, the Company employees over 150 people with a combined annual turnover in excess of £30.0 million (2016) with locations in the UK, USA, Canada, China and Europe.
3 OUR SUPPLY CHAINS
- Our supplier relationships have been established over a number of years and are built upon maintaining close and personal links and contact with the owners or directors of these
Prior to utilising the services of proposed new contractors or suppliers, they are asked to complete a document referred to as a ‘Supplier Approval Questionnaire’ which will determine whether or not they will be accepted as a contractor or supplier to the SYR Group. The due diligence from the document covers aspects relating to Quality Assurance, Environmental and Health and Safety compliance, Ethical Compliance and Company Performance. In addition references from other customers are obtained in order to establish the suitability.
To date we have not been made aware of any slavery and/or human trafficking activities within the supply chain but if any were highlighted to us then we would act immediately.
4 OUR POLICIES ON SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business and in so far as is possible to requiring our suppliers hold a similar
5 DUE DILIGENCE PROCESSES FOR SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING
- We have in place a rigid new contractor or supplier suitability document which helps to identify potential risks with utilising the proposed new contractor or supplier. In addition the existing supply chains are reviewed and monitored and thus both these steps aid in reducing the risk of risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our supply chains.
We have in place a policy to protect whistle blowers who highlight to us any risk of slavery or human trafficking within our business.
- To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we aim to ensure individuals who work for us are provided with regular training, as
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for the financial year ending 31 August 2018.